Welcome to The Angus
Rachel and Martin have been running the Angus for almost 15 years and have established a reputation for providing excellent quality bed and breakfast accommodation in Carlisle. Martin is a qualified chef and has been in the hospitality industry for over 30 years so he knows how to put on a good spread for breakfast if you like your full English! We are currently rated 9.6 out of 10 for our breakfasts on one of the booking sites. Rachel is normally front of house who will check you in and make sure you have everything you need for an enjoyable stay.
If you are looking for a relaxed and friendly stay that offers many of the facilities of a hotel but the warm genuine personal service of a guest house, then look no further than The Angus.
- Best rate guaranteed. We automatically reduce your rate by 10% if booked direct
- Ten well-appointed en-suite rooms including mini-fridge
- Group bookings welcome - sleeping up to 22 ( no stag/hen & drinking groups).
- Free, unlimited Wi-Fi throughout
- Free parking with a guest permit (residential street parking).
- Vat registered for business bookings
- Secure cycle storage
- Flexible Check-in times from 2:00 - 10:30pm
- Fully licensed
- Special diets no problem! Vegan friendly, gluten free, lactose intolerant....
- Packed Lunches available (£6.50 per person extra)
- Laundry (£10 per washload)
- Pet friendly. (£15 per stay extra)
- 10 -15 mins walk to town centre, 10 minute drive to Carlisle Lake-District Airport
The Angus is located just 10 -15 minutes’ walk to Carlisle city centre. We are ideally situated for the Sands Centre, Cumbria University, Kingstown Business Park and for exploring Hadrian’s Wall, the Lake District and the Scottish borders. Situated in a conservation area we uniquely have our foundations on Hadrian’s Wall as this area used to be a Roman Fort housing 1000 cavalry.
The building itself dates back to the 1850’s, which was once two very large Victorian town houses so has plenty of charm and character, but still retains many original features. It has undergone a continuous programme of refurbishment ensuring you have all the modern facilities you require during your stay.
We are delighted to have been awarded a 4 out of 5 star rating with Trip Advisor and a 4 star guest accommodation award from the AA, both awards recognising the excellent standards of accommodation and customer service.
If you have any questions regarding Carlisle B&B accommodation, please telephone 01228 523546 or email us email@example.com